Whether the economy is in great or poor shape, having a great credit score can save you hundreds of thousands over the life of a mortgage. It can save you thousands in credit card interest payments, thousands in car payments, and even thousands in student loan payments. There is a reason credit restoration will always be needed and that is the sheer number or errors contained on reports themselves and the amount of time it takes to dispute such errors.
- 79% of credit reports contain some type of error.
- 25% of all credit reports contain errors serious enough to result in the denial of credit.
- 29% of consumers have variances of 50 points or more in their credit scores as reported by each of the three big credit bureaus.
- 54% of credit reports contain personal demographic identifying information that was misspelled, long-outdated, belonged to a stranger, or was otherwise incorrect.
- 30% of credit reports contain credit accounts that had been closed by the consumer but incorrectly remained listed as open.